To obtain any type of Marine Craft driving license, the Authority requires submitting a training certificate from a certified training institute, authorizing the applicant to drive the same type of Marine Craft. It is also possible to wave this condition if the applicant submits any proof of driving a marine craft experience for not less than one year on the Emirates. In addition the applicant should pass the test conducted by the Authority to drive a pleasure marine craft up to (12 or 24) metres
For the applicant who has an international foreign driving license or certificates from uncertified training institute by the Authority, the applicant should apply for Certificate Equation & submit all the required documents to be reviewed by the Authority to assure that it matched with its certified rules & regulations.
Currently DMCA accept:
1. RYA Powerboat Level 2 – for up to 12m Pleasure License
2. RYA Dayskipper Practical – For up to 24m Pleasure License
(N.B. This is subject to change at DMCAs prerogative)
1. Filling the Marine Crew Licensing Application form (Ref. No. LR-FRM-004-V1)
2. Passport, UAE family book or Emirates Identity card copy for UAE National, or Passport, UAE valid visa or Emirates identity card for expats.
3. One recent Personal Photograph with white color background.
4. The original Marine craft driving certificate/RYA Powerboat Level 2 (12m)/RYA Dayskipper Practical (24m)
5. The applicant’s age should not less than 16 years.
6. NOC from sponsor for non-UAE national
7. Medical fitness certificate from approved medical centers.
INTERNATIONAL MODERN HOSPITAL is the approved medical centre. www.imh.ae.
4. The cost is 600AED + 10AED Knowledge Fee
For more information, please refer to the DMCA website:
Dubai Offshore Sailing Club is an accredited FTA centre, which allows DOSC issued RYA Powerboat level 2 certificate holders to obtain an FTA driving licence (up to 12 metres).
If you have previously taken your RYA Powerboat Level 2 course at DOSC then please present your RYA certificate to reception and we will issue your FTA certificate to produce at the time of applying for your FTA licence. If you are still to complete your course at DOSC, an FTA certificate will automatically be issued to accompany your Powerboat Level 2 qualification.
The process for obtaining a driving license is as follows:
The medical fitness procedure is that the applicant should approach Ministry of health approved clinics or hospitals for the procedure and them to issue the certificate under their official letter head.